There is one server located test area, which can’t get the IP address from DHCP server. The staff can’t access it from other place.
- Check the TCP/IP status ok.
- Check the DHCP status and discover it was stopped. Using the command ‘sc query dhcp’
- Try to start DHCP service from command console but getting the result of failure.
- Check the permission for DHCP service. Run ‘regedit’, and locate the position at ‘My computer\HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dhcp\Parameters’
Right click on item ‘Parameters’ and click ‘permissions’. And finding the group or user names ‘network service’ is lost. It is required to add into the security. Click Add button and browser the ‘network service’ to finish the operation.
- Assign the Full Control Permissions for network service
- Start the DHCP service and finishing the troubleshooting.