Software Engineer (Sr. Build-Release-CM Engineer)
Candidate will be a key contributor facilitating the building, release and configuration management (CM) of advanced, reliable, high performance server-side applications for the mobile messaging space.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintenance, Extension, and Operation of build automation system.
- Source code repository administration.
- Ensure performance, correctness, security, and maintainability in designing and implementing new product features.
- Release engineering.
- Invention, Development, Operation, and Maintenance of engineering automation.
- Documentation and presentation of release engineering procedures and policies.
- Report status in a timely fashion as requested by manager or project lead engineer, or when problems arise.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Operation or administration of distributed, heterogeneous UNIX hosts.
- Development or adaptation of software automation used within Engineering, such as:
- Build and release software.
- Backup or archival software releases.
- Automated testing or benchmarking suites.
- Bug or support issue-tracking databases.
- 4 years in software engineering, including:
- 2 years experience with release engineering and tools (CVS, Subversion, etc)
- 2 years of UNIX system administration.
- 2 - 5 years experience with scripting languages: Shell/Perl/Python/etc
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development process.
- Experience working on large projects and dealing with build, release and CM related issues.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to analyze build, release and CM requirements of the current and future products.
- Ability to identify problems and effectively resolve within a development framework.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment balancing efficiency and quality with deadlines.
- Ability to generate clear and accurate technical documentation given a template and minimal instructions.
- Ability to review and understand external technical documentation and industry specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively to management and peers verbally, electronically(email) and through documentation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within development and project teams that require a high-level of interaction between team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, communications, and learning skills.
- Experience with wireless networks and technologies a plus.